policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when
you use this website.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. If you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback or participate in competitions, we may also collect information about you. We also collect website usage information using cookies (see section below on Cookies).
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order and manage your account. If you allow us and other group companies, we will also contact you about special offers, events and other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to personalize your repeat visits to our websites using cookies (see section below on Cookies). Each time you use the site we’ll also collect information including domain name/IP address, referring URL, browser and platform, time of visit, pages visited and any searches performed – this information may be used to help us improve the performance of our website and for assessing the suitability of or requirements for certain services.
We may monitor and record telephone conversations with you and use them for staff training, quality and security purposes.
Will we pass your information to anyone else?
We may share your information with the following:
· Certain third parties who provide us with services. These group companies and third parties will only use your information to provide these services or help us to improve our website or services. They will do so as our data processors and will handle your information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. Some of these processors may be based outside Romania and your information may therefore be transferred and handled outside Romania (including, in some cases, outside Europe). Where this applies we will take steps to ensure adequate protection of your information;
· credit reference agencies and other similar companies, in order to carry out credit reference searches, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors, and we may also obtain information about you from such companies;
· any companies or people that we might in the future sell our business or part of our business to.
But we will not share your information with any third parties outside our group for their marketing purposes.
We would like to send you information about the products and services we offer which may interest you. If you have allowed us to send marketing information to you, you may opt out at any time. If you no longer want us to contact you for marketing purposes contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (letting us know what type of marketing you no longer wish to receive).
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) when you visit certain web pages.
Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere. The information collected by cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
What do cookies do?
Cookies do lots of different things, like letting you navigate between pages effectively, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website.
Some other examples of what cookies can do include:
· saving the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through the checkout process;
· remembering your account log in details so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account;
· recording the areas of our website that you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this information to help us improve our website so that it is easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide to our customers. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website.
Are cookies safe?
Yes cookies are 100% safe. Cookies do not harm your computer, they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally and they do not contain any confidential information, such as your email address or payment details.
Access to stored data and information you provide is password protected and access to passwords is limited. Firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorised access and servers are backed up daily, with archives stored in a secure location.
Our website uses SSL (“Secure Socket Layer” technology), the de facto standard for internet security. SSL is an open protocol for secure data communications across computer networks. Broad support for this protocol promotes interoperability between products from many organisations. It provides an environment in which e-commerce can be conducted and data can be safely encrypted and protected. SSL provides a straightforward method for adding strong security to existing applications and network infrastructures. SSL is application protocol independent and provides:
encryption, which creates a secure channel to prevent others from tapping into the network,
authentication, which uses certificates and digital signatures to verify the identity of parties in information exchanges and transactions, and
message integrity, which ensures that messages cannot be altered en route.
Retention of Payment Card Details
We may retain your payment card details, strictly for the purposes of taking payment for any orders you place with us. We will also retain these details to expedite any future purchases you may make with us. We protect any card data we retain by revealing only the last four digits of the account number when confirming an order with you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural controls in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of any personally identifiable information we retain. We take our security obligations very seriously and we would also ask you take sensible measures to ensure that you protect your account details, including ID and password, to prevent them from being used in any unauthorised way. We would recommend that you log out of your account fully and take steps to delete any browsing history and cookies that may be stored to prevent that information being used by an unauthorised user.
How to contact us